1st Annual District Beer Hunt!
Clues and Answers are available HERE!
Below is the information you’ll need to participate in this exciting event! Please check back often as this information will be updated frequently and finalized one week before the event begins.
– Teams will consist of up to 4 members.
– $20 entry fee per team; don’t forget to come up with a creative team name!
– Teams must go to RFD between 7pm and 11pm on Friday March 25th to check in and receive the necessary materials (wristbands for team members, beer checklist, list of bars and directions). Once you’re checked in, search out those beers!
– Teams must visit as many of the bars listed as possible. The checklist you received at the check-in has clues about the beers you are hunting for. Look at each bar’s beer list carefully. When you think you’ve figured out which beer is on your list, purchase it.
– To get credit for the beer on your checklist, only one member from the team needs to purchase the beer. For example, if you have a team of four, only one person on your team needs to buy the beer to have it marked off on your team checklist. With all the tasty offerings the participating bars are putting out, however, the allure of each team member purchasing a beer may be too great to overcome!
– Don’t forget to show bar staff your wristband in case they’re offering a special price for Beer Hunt participants!
– Once the beer has been purchased, bring your checklist and beer (as proof) to the Beer Hunt volunteer at the bar. They’ll check off your beer and you can start your quest for the next one!
– Please remember to travel from bar to bar responsibly! Use cabs, buses, or metro, or consider using an alternative like http://www.bemydd.com.
Once you’ve had all the beers on the list (or as many as you can handle), bring your checklists to RFD on Saturday for the Post Beer Hunt Party for prizes and, of course, beer! Party starts in the back room at RFD at 8pm! Please have your checklists in by 10pm to be eligible for prizes.
Prizes will be rewarded on a variety of categories! These include:
– Most beers found (1st prize and runner-up, ties to be settled by most bars visited/time finished)
– Most bars visited (1st prize and runner-up, ties to be settled by most beers found/time finished)
– Best team name
– Best team uniform
The Big Hunt – 1345 Connecticut Avenue NW
The Black Squirrel – 2427 18th Street NW
Bourbon (Adams Morgan) – 2321 18th Street NW
Iron Horse Taproom – 507 7th Street NW
Justin’s Cafe – 1025 First Street SE
Meridian Pint – 3400 11th Street NW
The Reef – 2446 18th Street NW
RFD – 810 7th Street NW
Scion – 2100 P Street NW
Smith Commons – 1245 H Street NE
Pre-register and save some time at the check-in table: email us at email@example.com and let us know that you’d like to participate. We’ll send you a PayPal invoice for the $20 registration fee.
We hope to see you there!